Skip to page body Home About Lower Merrion Departments and Services I Want To... Residents Businesses Quick Links
Vacant House Program

Vacant House


When you are on vacation or away from home in excess of 24 hours, you can contact the Lower Merion Police Department at 610-649-1000 to report your home vacant.  You will be asked a series of questions which include:

  • Your Name
  • Your Address
  • The dates you will be away
  • An Emergency Contact Phone Number
  • Whether or not that Emergency Contact person has a key to your home
  • Whether or not you have an Alarm System
  • If you have lights on timers
  • And any other specific instructions you would like the Police to know

Based on this information, the Lower Merion Police Department will assign a patrol officer to check your home in your absence.

When you return, please contact the Police to inform them that you no longer need this service.

Last updated: 5/1/2013 9:06:36 AM